From June to December 2011, I interned with Missouri Soybean Programs. I worked with the Missouri soybean checkoff and the soybean association.
My responsibilities included:
- Assisting in the coordination, development and implementation of state-wide educational initiatives (the Missouri CommonGround program).
- Planning a media luncheon and press conference for 20 media outlets and 60 guests.
- Launching and maintaining the association’s social media presence on sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Developing an internal online newsletter for staff and managing boards.
- Guest writing for the Missouri Soybean Farmer, a state-wide publication.