1. My family. There is nothing that makes me happier than spending time with my family, both close and extended. I don’t get to live close to them anymore, but there’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think of them.
Speaking of family, this leads to the second thing that makes me happy.
2. I’m an Auntie-to-Be. Boy or girl? Not quite sure, but one thing is for certain, that little bundle will be spoiled. I actually found myself in a Baby Gap last night, checking out all of the cute little outfits. I might have sorta purchased something. 🙂
3. Country roads. I was born and raised in rural America, and what a great way to grow up. Not only did I get to experience the farm lifestyle first hand, I also learned how to appreciate the smells, sights and feelings of country life. Example: Freshly mowed hay, corn stalk green, and kicking up dust as I drive down a country road. I hope to return to it one day. It’s something I miss living in the city.
4. Travel. I’ve been very blessed to travel in the past five years. Europe, South America and even my beloved U.S., but definitely still have much more to see. This is a photo from my most recent visit to NYC. A breath-taking view of Times Square. I loved it, but more as a place to visit, not to stay permanently.
5. Music. This is the one thing that has kept me sane in the past year. If I need a lift, or feel blue, music heals it all. I love country music, particularly Brooks and Dunn, and Classic Rock but I’m also growing to love Christian music. I love live music, too.
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!